Assessment Fees and Payment Information
Assessment fees. $300 for full assessment or full retake; $100 for single-task retake.
Payment information. Registration fees must be paid using a credit card (VISA or MasterCard only) or a debit or check card that carries the VISA or MasterCard logo and that can be used without the entry of a personal identification number (PIN), and/or with a voucher code supplied by the candidate's institution. Bank cards without a VISA or MasterCard logo cannot be accepted. The merchant name that will appear on your credit card statement is "Eval Systems Test Fee."
Vouchers. Vouchers may be available through your institution. Please check with your faculty adviser for information about eligibility requirements.
If you obtain a voucher, you must enter your voucher code into the system during the registration process. Vouchers cannot be applied retroactively to existing registrations.
If you have any outstanding balance owed for your edTPA registration after the score reporting date associated with the date you submitted your assessment, your scores for that assessment may be permanently voided and therefore not reported to you; to the relevant state agency responsible for educator certification, if applicable; or to any institutions.
The following policies apply to you when you have an outstanding balance for edTPA registration or services:
- You will be assessed a $20 fee to cover the processing required to clear your account.
- You will not be allowed to register for future assessments until your balance, which includes the additional fee, is paid in full.
- Any credits or refunds for which you may be eligible will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess to be returned to you.
If a credit card charge for an edTPA registration or service for you is disputed:
Changing Your Registration
- You may not be allowed to make any future payments by credit card.
- You must make your payment to clear your account by cashier's check or money order only.
- If you attempt to pay for any further services by cashier's check or money order before clearing your account, any payments received will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess applied to the requested services.
If you wish to update your answers to any background question(s) or score-reporting institutions you provided during registration, you may do so through your account at any time before submitting your portfolio up to 18 months after you register.
If you wish to change your assessment content area, you must contact Pearson Customer Support.
If you have registered for edTPA, have not yet submitted your assessment for scoring, and would like to withdraw your registration, you may do so by logging in to your account on this website, selecting Current Registrations, then Withdraw, and following the instructions provided.
If you withdraw your registration within 18 months of your registration date, you will receive a partial refund, up to $100 for a full assessment or $30 for a single-task retake, of payment made by you toward your assessment fee. Your refund will be issued by Evaluation Systems within four weeks of your request. If you do not withdraw before the 18-month window has expired, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. If you applied a voucher toward your fee when you registered, you will receive no refund or credit of the voucher amount.
Once you withdraw your registration, you will no longer be able to view or edit your portfolio in the Pearson system. If you want to retain a copy of your portfolio, be sure to save your files prior to withdrawing your registration.
Rules of Assessment Participation
edTPA Rules of Assessment Participation
COMPLIANCE WITH ASSESSMENT RULES
By registering for edTPA, you are agreeing to abide by the current Rules of Assessment Participation for edTPA and all rules, procedures, and policies contained on the current edTPA.com website and/or in the current edTPA Handbook for the content area for which you have registered.
For the purpose of these Rules of Assessment Participation, the following definitions apply:
- "Evaluation Systems." Evaluation Systems, a business of NCS Pearson, Inc. (referred to throughout as Evaluation Systems).
- "Institution." The institution in which an edTPA candidate is enrolled as indicated by the candidate at the time of registration.
- "State Agency." The educator certification agency in any state in which an edTPA candidate is pursuing certification with this assessment.
Rules of Assessment Participation for edTPA
Guidelines for video confidentiality for candidates
- PURPOSE OF ASSESSMENT: I understand that this assessment is administered for the purpose of fulfilling a program requirement for an institution and/or a state teacher licensure requirement and is only to be taken by individuals to fulfill such requirement(s). I certify that I am taking this assessment for which I have registered, to fulfill an institutional program requirement or for the purpose of teacher licensure.
- ORIGINALITY OF SUBMISSION: I understand that by submitting my edTPA materials, I am confirming that I am the person who has completed the assessment, that I have primary responsibility for teaching the students/class during the learning segment profiled in this assessment, that the video clip(s) submitted show me teaching the students/class profiled, that the student work included in the documentation is that of my students and completed during the learning segment documented in this assessment, that I am the sole author of the commentaries and other written responses to prompts and other requests for information in this assessment, and that I have cited all materials in the assessment whose sources are from published text, the internet, or other educators.
- PERMISSIONS AND CONFIDENTIALITY: I understand that I am responsible for obtaining appropriate permissions from the parents/guardians of my students and from adults that appear on the video clip(s) I submit. I agree to produce such permissions after I submit my assessment. I have ensured confidentiality of individuals appearing in the video clip(s) I submit by uploading the video only to the designated Evaluation Systems ePortfolio system, an integrated third party edTPA Platform Provider system, or other secure system designated by my institution. I understand that I may use my assessment materials according to the parameters of the release forms obtained for children and/or adults who appear in the video. Because parents/guardians and/or adults have not typically granted permission for public use of the videos in which they or their children appear, I will not display videos publicly (i.e., personal websites, YouTube, Facebook) without expressed permission for this purpose from those featured in the video.
- ASSESSMENT MATERIALS: I acknowledge that I am not permitted to reproduce any of the information or materials from the edTPA handbooks for commercial purposes. If I do reproduce information or materials from the edTPA handbooks for personal use, I will properly attribute the copyright of such materials to Stanford University.
- USE OF ASSESSMENT: I agree that my edTPA submission, including text, graphics, digital files and video or audio recordings, without the use of my name or other identifying information, may be used by Stanford University and/or Evaluation Systems edTPA program development and implementation, including scorer training associated with the program. If I provided consent at the time of registration, my submission, without use of my name or other identifying information, may also be used for continued edTPA program activities conducted by Stanford University and/or Evaluation Systems such as future validity and reliability studies of the edTPA. Stanford University and Evaluation Systems will not show candidate materials publically, make them available in a non-secure way, or use them as exemplars for marketing purposes.
- SCORE REPORTING AND CANCELLATION: I understand that my results will be reported to me; to the Institution authorized by me during registration and/or State Agency, if applicable; and to any other institution, entity, or person authorized or required by law to receive this information. Stanford University will receive edTPA results without candidate name or other identifying information. I understand that any information provided as part of registration may be used to report scores or to contact me regarding assessment- or program-related issues. Once I submit my assessment, I cannot cancel the scoring or score reporting.
- CONFORMITY WITH PROCEDURES: I understand that if my submitted artifacts, videos, and/or related documentation do not conform to the current rules, requirements and polices as specified in the edTPA Assessment Handbook, and the edTPA website, my submission or portions thereof may not be scored, my score may be voided and other actions as described in Rule 11 may be taken as deemed appropriate by Evaluation Systems, my Institution, and/or State Agency. If my complete submission or portions thereof cannot be scored because it does not conform to requirements, no refund of my fee will be issued, and no portion of my fee can be applied to the cost of any future edTPA registration or associated services. If my submission cannot be scored due to a system error occurring after submission, I will have the opportunity to resubmit my portfolio without paying additional fees. I understand that my submitted assessment materials, or a portion thereof, may be reviewed by authorized individuals at the institution in which I am enrolled, as indicated at the time of registration, and/or the relevant State Agency responsible for educator certification in order to investigate compliance with the Rules of Assessment Participation, as needed.
- RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS REGARDING edTPA: I understand and agree that liability for assessment activities, including but not limited to the adequacy or accuracy of assessment materials, of the registration processes, of scoring, of score reports, of information provided to me in connection with edTPA and the adequacy of protection of candidate information, will be limited to score correction or edTPA retake at no additional fee. I understand and agree that liability for data loss or file corruption associated with my edTPA submission will be limited to an additional edTPA submission at no additional fee. I waive any and all rights to all other claims, specifically including but not limited to claims for negligence arising out of any acts or omissions of Stanford University, Evaluation Systems, and/or the state or institution which is requiring completion of the edTPA (including the agents, employees, contractors, or professional advisors of Stanford University, Evaluation Systems, or such entity).
- PROGRAM CHANGES: I understand that the edTPA assessment and associated policies and procedures are subject to change at the sole discretion of Stanford University and Evaluation Systems. State Agencies or individual Institutions may make changes to their policies and requirements related to the edTPA at their discretion.
- OBJECTION TO PROCEDURES: If, for any reason, I object to the procedures presented in these Rules of Assessment Participation, I must advise Evaluation Systems, in writing, of the basis of my objection at least six (6) weeks before I plan to register for edTPA for my objection to be taken under consideration. If my objection is not honored, I will not be registered for edTPA.
- COMPLIANCE: I understand that if I fail to comply with the rules, requirements, and policies specified or referenced on the current edTPA website, including these Rules of Assessment Participation, or if I take any prohibited actions, my results may be voided, no refund will be issued, no portion of the assessment fee can be applied toward the cost of any future assessment fees, my registration may be canceled, I may be prohibited in the future from registering for edTPA. Legal proceedings and actions may be pursued as well as other remedies deemed appropriate by Evaluation Systems, my institution or State Agency, as appropriate. In addition, I understand that assessment fraud may be grounds for denial, revocation and/or suspension of a teaching license.
- RULES: I understand that should any of these rules or any other requirement or provision contained on the current edTPA.com website be declared or determined by any court to be illegal or invalid, the remaining rules, requirements, and provisions will not be affected and the illegal or invalid rule, requirement, or provision shall not be deemed a part of the current edTPA website. The headings of each of the Rules of Assessment Participation for edTPA are for convenient reference only. They are not a part of the rules themselves; they do not necessarily reflect the entire subject matter of each rule; and they are not intended to be used for the purpose of modifying, interpreting, or construing any of these Rules of Assessment Participation for edTPA. I agree that any legal action arising in connection with my registration for or participation in edTPA shall be brought in the state and federal courts governing St. Paul, Minnesota, and I consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts.
Before you record your classroom instruction, ensure that you have the appropriate permission from the parents/guardians of your students and from adults who appear in the video recording. You should consult with your preparation program for other specific information that may be required in the release form.
The release forms are not to be submitted with your materials, but you should follow your preparation program policy for retaining them.
Candidates must review the edTPA Submission Requirements before beginning to create their edTPA assessment submission.
When you have completed your work and are ready to submit your portfolio, you will be required to consent to the following set of submission agreements:
Candidates who do not meet their institution or state requirement may retake the assessment by choosing one of two options:
- retaking the full assessment ($300 retake fee)
- retaking a single task ($100 retake fee)
Candidates should consult with their faculty advisor before proceeding with a retake and can find important information in Guidelines for edTPA Retake Decision-making and Support .
Before registering, candidates should review the Instructions for edTPA Retake . This guide contains important registration and submission information.
While there is no limit to the number of retakes possible, a candidate can register for only one retake at a time (either full assessment or single-task). A candidate must wait to receive scores from their last submission before they can register for another retake.
To register to retake edTPA, go to the Candidates / Register page and follow the instructions provided.
Submission and Reporting Dates
edTPA scores are released according to the following schedules: